Studying in Canada – Opportunities for International Students
The number of students opting for Canada for higher studies is continuously growing. Students who graduate from Canadian Universities get the best quality education preparing them for a well-respected job anywhere in the world. Moreover, the tuition fees and living expenses in Canada is lower than any other developed country.
There are many options to study in Canada. The first step is to find a Canadian school and the course that interests you. Once you have confirmed the school and course, submit an application. On receiving the letter of admission from the designated institution and apply to obtain the Canada study permit. A study permit gives the permission for the international students to study while in Canada. There are options to study in Canada without a study permit or work while studying in Canada.
- Canada Study Permit. This is the standard way of studying in Canada with a Canadian study permit.
- Study without a Study Permit. Students also have an option to study in Canada without a study permit.
- Work While Studying in Canada. For students who need additional funds while studying in Canada, there is the option of working while studying.
Getting Job after completing the studies
Canadian graduates can apply for a Post Graduation work permit on completing the studies in Canada. Post Graduation work permit allow those individual who have completed the studies in Canada to live and work under an open work permit for 3 years. This allows them to enter the Canadian workforce and gain the relevant work experience that will help them in immigrating to Canada permanently if intended.
Most of the foreigners opt to study in Canada for the advantages it brings in. Canadian employers are happy to provide job opportunities for the students who have completed their studies in Canada and subsequently get them the Permanent Resident status. The programs that give international student the opportunities to further work in Canada are:
- Canadian Experience Class: Canadian Experience Class allows the individuals who have graduated out from Canadian institutions to work and immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident.
- Provincial Nominee Program: The provinces and territories of Canada have separate specific programs that allow the graduates to immigrate permanently to Canada.
- Quebec Experience Class: under Quebec experience class the individual with Quebec study or work experience can immigrate permanently to Quebec as a permanent resident of Canada.The students may get the scholarship from private, government or public institutions in Canada. There are different scholarships available to foreign students from the institution of choice they have made.
For course which is less than 6 months in duration does not need a study permit. But there are benefits to applying for study permit event is the course is for less than 6 months, in cases where the student may want to enroll in a new course after the short term studies. Without the study permit, the student will e asked to leave the country and apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada which is time-consuming. The course chosen for the short term should be from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
The processing time for study visas is different and depends on how the visa office conducts the process. Ensure to submit the right information in the application form with relevant documents as proof to make the processing easier and faster.
Feel Free to
Are you planning to spend your vacation in Canada? For more information about Canada Visitor
Visa or Canada Tourist Visa contact us today at Patel Canada Visa. Be rest assured that we will
make the processing easy and stress-free. We can help you find best tourist package within Canada
and accommodation finding assistant.