Spousal Sponsorship Canada Visa
Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor the spouse, common-law or conjugal partner to become a Permanent Resident in Canada. The Sponsor will have to sign an agreement with the Canadian Government t showing responsibility to financially support the sponsored spouse for three years. The procedure of the spouse visa for Canadian permanent residency has a higher variable when compared to other visa applications as they will not be restricted to fulfill stringent education requirements, language proficiencies or work experience.
On receiving the spousal sponsorship, the spouse can live, work and settle permanently in Canada.
The spouse sponsorship visa can be classified as:
- Outland Spousal sponsorship- for sponsored partner residing outside Canada, the application for PR should be submitted to Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia IRCC.
- Inland Spousal sponsorship – for the sponsored partner living together in Canada under temporary Canadian status, either as worker, student or even visitor. Inland application should be submitted to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario IRCC.
The Government of Canada is strongly committed to keeping families together
Eligibility Requirement for spouse sponsorship
- Canada PR visa holder and Canadian citizen can sponsor the spouse
- The sponsor and sponsored partner should be atleast 18 years of age
- The sponsor should submit the proof of authenticity of the relationship to fulfill the criteria set by Citizenship and Immigration, Canada
- The sponsored partner should have a clean police record
- The partner should not have been invited to Canada as a sponsored spouse within a span of last 5 years
- The sponsor should have completed 5 years of sponsorship, if sponsored while migrating to Canada, to sponsor the spouse
- The sponsor is financially responsible for the spouse for 3 years after the sponsored person becomes PR
Check with our in-house consultants the eligibility of the status of your spouse to immigrate with you under Spousal Sponsorship to Canada.
- Spouse is a legally married partner who can be opposite or same sex relationships.
- Common-law partner are those who loved together in conjugal relationship for atleast 12 months without interruption. Common-law partner can also be of same or opposite sex
- Conjugal partner are those who are not been able to live together due to circumstances beyond the control, but meet the other criteria for spousal or common-law sponsorship such as binding relationship with each other for at least one year. Conjugal partner also can be same or opposite sex.
The processing time for the applicants for Canadian spouse sponsorship may take 12-26 months. The processing time varies from country to country and also depends upon the documents submitted.
Contact Patel Canada Visa Today!
We are your trusted Canada Immigration Consultants and you can always count on to provide you with well-detailed information on any question regarding spouse visa.
Our in-house consultants will be happy to help in completing the application form, providing documents assistance and submission of application. Feel free to contact us today.
Feel Free to
Are you planning to spend your vacation in Canada? For more information about Canada Visitor
Visa or Canada Tourist Visa contact us today at Patel Canada Visa. Be rest assured that we will
make the processing easy and stress-free. We can help you find best tourist package within Canada
and accommodation finding assistant.