Canadian Immigration & Visa Specialist

Provincial Nomination Program – Newfoundland and Labrador

Located on the easternmost part of Canada, the province of Newfoundland and Labrador may be a humble province that is boastful with its colorful culture and breathtaking coastal environment. Newfoundland and Labrador consists of two separate land masses: the Newfoundland Island and the Labrador which is connected to the majority of Canada. The province’s capital is St. John which is a haven for the culture and the arts and where most of the population reside. Because of its abundant energy and natural resources, this province has stood the test of time and has become one of the economic giants in Canada.

A lot of prospect immigrants, workers, and graduates flock to this province. That’s why the Provincial Nomination Program was created to cater to the needs of the immigrants to be permanent residents of the territory. The Newfoundland and Labrador’s Nomination program has three major categories: the Skilled Worker Category, the International graduate Category, and the Immigrant Entrepreneur Category. The following paragraphs detail the requirements for each category.
Skilled Worker Category

This category aims to accept applications from individuals who are offered a full-time job from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer. This is also applicable for currently working individuals with a valid work permit.  The job must meet provincial labour, salary, and wage standards. It is required that the applicant must have experience and accreditation needed to perform the job. The intention of settlement must be provided by the applicant by having sufficient funds and detailed plan. English and French proficiency must be acquired with proof.
International Graduate Category

The applicants under this category must be a recent graduate from an eligible Canadian post-secondary institution   who remains in Canada on a Post-Graduate work permit. The individuals applying for this category must be either working or accepting a job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer.

Furthermore, the graduate must have completed at least half of their studies in Canada, and graduated from an eligible publicly funded Canadian college or university. The educational program can be a two-year diploma or a degree program that is rendered full-time by the applicant. The current job or job offer must be full-time and has passed the standards in terms of the wage and employment. The applicant must also display willingness and ability to settle in the province by providing proof of sufficient funds and settlement plan. Moreover, the applicant must have proof of English and French proficiency which can be proven by presenting an affidavit of English Language Ability from the Newfoundland and Labrador employer Education. If you completed your studies at a recognized post-secondary institute outside of Newfoundland and Labrador, you may be required to work in a job that is in your field of study for a minimum of 1 year prior to submission of your PNP application.

Immigrant Entrepreneur Category

This category is created for individuals who have that entrepreneurial spirit who wants to own a business in Newfoundland and Labrador by either starting a business or purchase an existing business in the province.

Contact us for more detailed information on New Found land and Labrador PNP pl. fill out the Assessment Form to assess your chances of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP visa approval complying with new and changed immigration policies. Active RCIC Member Parulben Patel directs this Patel Canada Visa Consultancy and you can send your resume to assess on patelcanimmigration@gmail.com. (Link for free assessment)

The Citizenship and Immigration Canada distinctly clarifies which ICCRC Member can represent an application, on behalf of clients, with the department. The department calls them authorized representatives, and among them is the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) who is members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (www.iccrc-crcic.ca). Ensure that, if you are hiring a paid immigration consultant, he/she is an authorized representative to represent you with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and other Canadian Government agencies.