Migrate to Canada as a Musician and enjoy your dream life
The beautiful country of Canada always believes in a multicultural society. The coexistence of various cultures is encouraged by the Canadian government. As a result, Canada boasts a cultural mosaic, or rather a collection of several civilizations existing side by side and in harmony. As a result, the Canadian immigration system accepts people from various cultural backgrounds. It makes sense that there is a pathway for artists to immigrate to Canada.
There is a high demand for artists and musicians in Canada. To boost the cultural activities in the country, the Canadian government always welcome people from different musical background to come and settle down in Canada with or without a job offer. Musicians across the globe who has the required skills, experience, and interests can apply for the self-employed PR Program.
Minimum eligibility criteria required:
There are three main pillars for assessing the eligibility criteria under the self-employed PR Program.
- Required Experience
- Intention and ability to relocate to Canada under this program
- Remarkable contribution
In general, the Canadian government will be seeking for you to have had at least one year of continuous full-time employment—that is, 1,560 hours overall, or 30 hours or more per week—within the last ten years, though ideally, the selectors may look for much more experience depending on your age.
To go through the experience test, below are the factors.
- 1. Two years (can be divided into 12 months with continuous activities) worth of self-employment in the cultural sector,
- 2. Two years (can be divided into 12 months with continuous activities) worth of participation in the cultural sector at the highest level, or
- 3. One year of independent work and one year of top-notch cultural experiences.
Intention and ability:
You must demonstrate that you are able and intend to continue working for yourself in Canada. In cultural domains, self-employment alone is obviously allowed. Consider the following examples to demonstrate the ability and intent:
- 1. Evidence of successful former self-employment
- 2. Proof of your net worth
- 3. A thorough business plan and settlement strategy
- 4. Enough investment plans to be made in Canada
- 5. signing contracts with Canadian organizations regarding potential future cooperation
- 6. Taking part in Canadian cultural associations
It would be excellent if you could persuade the immigration officer that your cultural activities in Canada will help the country's economy. The expected contribution, however, is based on the nature of your position and the location you choose. As a result, you must provide a thorough settlement and business strategy to demonstrate your contributions. However, the immigration authorities hardly ever use this exam as justification for rejecting an application. This test is typically used to screen out pointless applications. Nevertheless, think about providing the officer with proof that you satisfy this requirement as well.
The application process:
There are now two important steps in the process.
- The applicant sends a set of documents to the Canadian Central Intake Office (CIO). The application will be sent to an overseas Visa Office if CIO approves it.
- The application is processed by the foreign visa office. The applicant and their family (spouse and children) may enter Canada as permanent residents if their application is approved.
One Federal immigration strategy is the self-employed category. It follows that the applicant intends to settle somewhere else in Canada other than Quebec.
Immigrating to Canada is a dream come true for many of us. And when its about the Musician category, it’s possible one of the most aspiring journeys for the individual. Connect with the best Canada Immigration Consultants and start you dream journey to migrate to Canada.