Film Maker

Film Maker

Canada is one of the booming movie-making hubs in the world. They welcome and support filmmakers into their country. There are several talented people in the film and TV industry that are outside of Canada and especially from India and the USA that would love to live and work in Canada.

Eligibility for PR in Canada who works in the Film Industry?

If you are in the field of Film Making, then you’ll be relieved from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to get a work permit.

Under the International Mobility Program, Global Skills Strategy permits an individual with unionized and highly paid occupations to be LMIA exempt.

Such highly skilled workers to be considered to bring economic benefits and opportunities for Canadians and Permanent Residents. If you want to know if you are eligible or not, you must have a letter of support from your movie or TV production company that can provide specifications like participants' names and production locations.

In the statement, it is also important to provide details on how it can help the Canadian labor market. If your occupation is unionized, a letter from the concerned guild or union will be needed.

Know about the options for PR for the Film Maker:

You can be eligible for PR even if you have an LMIA exempt work permit.

Also, you can apply under the Provincial Nominee Program or the Federal Skilled Worker Program to immigrate to Canada as a professional working in the film and TV industry.

PR Program is one of the best options for individuals who are working in skilled jobs like visual effects or animation.

Options for the temporary Work for the Film Industry:

If you are visiting Canada as a business visitor for the film or TV industry, you won’t require a work permit. As a performing artist, film producer, or essential accompanying personnel, you can apply for a Visitor Visa as a business visitor that allows you to work without a work permit or any LMIA requirement.

Thus, key movie-making hubs in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver are looking to get maximum benefits from highly skilled workers who are already in Canada.

If you are an international student and graduated from film-related subjects could also find it much easier to qualify through PR Program.

Contact us at Patel Canada Visa:

Please contact us for more information regarding Self-Employed PR Program for Canadian Visa for Film Maker.

If you think that you might be eligible, contact us immediately for more information, or feel free to book an appointment for a consultation with an immigration professional for more advice.