We all know how important it is to stay with our family. Therefore, the Canadian government has a visa program to allow you to stay with your loved one. The process is complex for any foreign national who wants to apply for spousal sponsorship in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or Calgary, the Canadian spousal sponsorship is a way to invite your spouse or partner to live in Canada permanently.
This post will provide information about the process and other details to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner to Canada.
Eligibility criteria to sponsor spouse, conjugal partner, or common-law partner under this program:
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada to sponsor his or her spouse, conjugal partner, or common-law partner.
- The applicant and the partner must be 18 years old to apply for this spousal sponsorship visa program.
- Once your spouse or legal partner becomes a permanent resident of Canada, you must live in Canada or have a plan to return to Canada.
- The applicant must have the capability to provide basic financial support to his spouse or legal partner in Canada for a minimum of three years.
- The partner must be under the legal family category- spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner.
If the applicant’s spouse stays abroad during the visa application process, Canadian immigration authorities provide a Canada Spouse Visa (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) to the spouse, and the permanent resident status will be provided only after the person enters the country.
Exclusions of Spousal Sponsorship visa program Canada:
There are some special cases where you will not be allowed to apply for the Spousal Sponsorship Visa program. The following are the cases.
- If you need any social assistance apart from disability-related issues.
- If you have immigrated to Canada as a sponsored spouse or partner, you need to wait for five years to get permanent Canadian resident status. After that, you can apply for this visa program.
- If you have already sponsored your spouse or partner and three years have not passed yet.
- If you are already married to someone while applying for the sponsorship.
- If you have not respected the order of the court to pay alimony or child support.
- If you are under the Canada Removal Order or you are in prison.
- If you have financial issues or declared bankruptcy and are not discharged fully while applying for the sponsorship.
Getting a spousal sponsorship visa for a foreign national is very tough. In this case, the best Canada immigration consultants can help you to get the process done easily and without any hassle. These expert Canada immigration consultants help you to prepare all the documents and assist you in every possible way to get your spouse or legal partner to Canada.