Canada Investor Visa or Entrepreneur Programs
One of the main objectives of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the Act) since 2015 is to see that Canadian families are united with their loved ones irrespective of their nationality. The Child Under-18 Sponsorship program allows a Canadian citizen or one that has a permanent residence to sponsor the immigration of a dependent under 18-year-old child (whether legitimate or adopted child) to live with them.
Keeping the families together is one of the important commitments that the Government of Canada believes in. Hence the government allows dependent children sponsorship. The parents, who meet the requirements to be a sponsor of the dependent child, can submit the application for the child to become a Canadian PR.
Canada has a separate sponsoring process for adopted children. Talk to us to know more details
The Canadian federal government with the IRCC places so much importance on family reunion as a priority within the immigration system by allowing Canadians to bring their young children under the age of 18 to Canada. It is seen by the Canadian government that the reuniting of the newcomers with their loved ones would enhance their social well-being, performance, and contribution to the Canadian economy.
To qualify for the sponsorship, the sponsoring parent and child should meet the eligibility requirement as determined by IRCC.
Eligibility requirement for the parents to sponsor the dependent child is:
- The parent must be at least 18 years of age
- The parent must be Canadian citizen or PR
- The parent sponsor should be able to financially support the child
- The sponsor should have completed 5 years of sponsorship, if sponsored while migrating to Canada, to sponsor the dependent child
- The parent cannot be a sponsor if the parent is in jail or has been convicted of certain criminal offenses, especially offenses against relatives
- The parent cannot be a sponsor if the parent is receiving social assistance for a reason other than a disability
- If the parent is sponsoring the stepchild, then sponsor should also be sponsoring the spouse as well
- The child should not be a spouse or a common-law partner
Application procedure for dependent child for Canadian Immigration has two components
- The applicant must prove that he/she meets the qualifications to be a sponsor
- The applicant must prove that the child is eligible to be sponsored to live and settle in Canada as a PR
Dependent child sponsorship application depends upon the country specific requirements. Applicants must use family sponsorship application package of IRCC. IRCC will generate the checklist, forms and instructions about the child sponsorship after entering the details of sponsor and the child. The hard copy of the application with the documents should be submitted to IRCC by mail or courier.
Processing Time of the Application
Processing of the application for Child under 18 sponsorship program usually takes 8 weeks, from the time the application is submitted. Sponsors should ensure to submit the entire required document. The processing of application depends upon the information updated in the application form and the related documents submitted. Once the application is accepted, the sponsor can proceed for the application of Canadian PR status for the sponsored child.
Contact Us Today!
‘Do you plan to bring your child over to live with you in Canada? Contact us today at Patel Canada Visa.
We are happy to guide you through the Canada Child Under-18 Sponsorship application process. We are licensed Canada Immigration Consultants and you can always count filing application form, assistance on preparing relevant documents, submitting the application, monitoring and updating the status of application.
Talk to us today for more details.
Feel Free to
Are you planning to spend your vacation in Canada? For more information about Canada Visitor
Visa or Canada Tourist Visa contact us today at Patel Canada Visa. Be rest assured that we will
make the processing easy and stress-free. We can help you find best tourist package within Canada
and accommodation finding assistant.